The longer in-service lifetime of the sleeve is directly reflected in less frequent planned production downtimes because its life span is longer. However, the integral insert also needs to be replaced.
Its design allows quick and efficient replacement directly on the machine (in the case of smaller machines) or with the use of the specially developed tool for larger machines.
Lower envelope production costs, extended integral insert lifetime and eliminated need for sleeve replacement all directly result in lower costs for the die caster.
Below are two different examples from HTS IC customers, comparing the two options:
- thermoregulated sleeve without integral insert
- combination of thermoregulated sleeve and integral insert
Implementing HTS IC Thermoregulated sleeve with an integral insert has concrete benefits for die casting process efficiency and costs.
Its advantages over other solutions are:
- Up to 70% longer lifetime compared to 1.2343 thermoregulated sleeve
- Up to 60% lower costs of the sleeve over 5 replacements (in most cases largest savings occur after 4 – 5 replacements)
- Shorter production downtimes, due to quick replacement on the machine or in case of larger machines, with a specially made tool
- It doesn’t influence the outer form or dimensions of the sleeve, so for die caster, its implementation doesn’t require any changes in tooling or production technology
- Some of the existing or worn-out sleeves can be remachined for additional cost efficiencies